It is the time of year when many people feel the spirit of indulgence coming upon them. If you are wondering how you are going to survive and would like to wake up Jan 2nd feeling great about your choices rather than feeling the need to “start over” then this Holiday Survival Guide is just what the Doctor ordered!
In so many ways the Holiday Season is a wonderful delight but there are also challenges that people may face in regard to staying healthy while still having fun. Here are Dr Cobi's Top Tips to SURVIVE AND THRIVE this Holiday Season:
- Stress-This is the most common issue that many people face during the Holiday season. It is of utmost importance to support your body during this increased time of stress so that you do not end up depleted and exhausted by January. Give your body the "stress protection" it needs by taking a Vitamin B Complex and supporting the adrenal glands. See Dr Cobi’s Top Picks for the most popular Stress Busting remedies listed below.
- Weight Gain-The general attitude around the Holidays is "anything goes". This can be fun while it lasts but when January comes, so does remorse! Why not make this year different? Snack before going out to ensure that you do not arrive at a Holiday function starving and more prone to poor nutritional decisions. Bring your own healthy food to share and then you can rest assured that there would then be at least one healthy choice to eat. Load up on veggies at Holiday buffets and shy away from higher fat and sugar containing foods. Remember that alcohol lowers your "food inhibitions" and makes you more prone to regretful decisions. Wake up happy with yourself!
- Digestive Distress- This is all too common after indulging in seasonal treats and party foods. Prevent the "aftermath" by taking some Digestive enzymes and Probiotics to keep your digestion in top form. If you are aware of your food allergies, then do not cut yourself some slack by consuming allergenic foods because the result could likely prevent you from enjoying the Holidays. See Dr Cobi’s Top Picks for the favorite Digestive Aids listed below.
- Travel- Many people travel during the Holiday season and end up taking a "holiday" from their regular healthy regimes. People will often skip vitamins and supplements as well as consuming foods they do not normally eat. Sleep patterns all too often fall to the wayside as well. If you are travelling, try to stick to your regime as best as you can by taking your supplements with you and making the best nutritional choices that you can. This will ensure a much more enjoyable holiday. If you are travelling outside of normal time zones, melatonin is a proven remedy to prevent jet lag. Take 1-3mg a few days before you leave, while you are away and a few days after you return. The results are un-deniable.
- Hangover- Many people use alcohol during this time of year as a coping mechanism or as a means of celebration and sometimes it can go too far! Alcohol depletes Vitamin B1, adds excess stress to the liver and dehydrates the body. Some of the best hangover "cures" are more in the prevention. By taking sublingual B12 and a liver protecting formula as well as stocking up on coconut water, you can actually decrease the negative effects of alcohol on the body. Take these 3 remedies daily during the Holiday season or as needed when the time arises. See Dr Cobi’s Top Picks for the best Hangover Cure Remedies listed below.
- Immune Health- There is nothing worse than getting sick during the Holiday Season but it is a very common occurrence. One reason is the increase in virus exposure this time of year. In addition, once the body is allowed to relax, it has this innate ability to recognize that now there is time to be sick. Boost your immune system to prevent this from sabotaging your Holiday fun! Avoid excess sugar which depletes the immune system, pay close attention to hand washing and supplement with 5000 IU of Vitamin D3, 3000mg of Vitamin C and 50mg of Zinc to protect yourself. See Dr Cobi’s Top Picks for my favorite Immune Boosters listed below.
- Exercise- This is no time to pause your exercise regime. There is so much additional stress that exercise is crucial during this time so you have an outlet for excess stress. Many people think that they will get back on track in January but why put off tomorrow what you can do today. Exercise your way through the Holidays and January won't be so dreaded!
- Sleep- A lack of sleep is the downfall of so many. A good night's rest is crucial for stress management, healthy hormone balance, clear thinking, energy and prevention of food cravings. If you have difficulty sleeping. See Dr Cobi’s Top Picks for some great Sleep Aids listed below.
- Healthy Gift Ideas- If you are stressed by gift giving then let us help! Give the gift of health. We have many great healthy gift ideas for a variety of budgets including infrared sauna sessions, skin care specials, 100% Pure Body Care Products, healthy gift packs and if you are still unsure, we also have gift certificates! See below for exciting Christmas Deals just for you!
Dr Cobi’s Top Holiday Season Picks